We hope during this time you are staying healthy and taking care of yourself and any loved ones. We wanted to update you on some of the changes at Mountainside Market during this global COVID-19 crisis.
Please be assured that we are currently open serving our customers 7 days a week.
We are strongly suggesting that the first and last hour of the day 8 am – 9 am and 7 pm – 8 pm are the ideal times for the elderly or vulnerable customers to do their shopping unless you’ve made other arrangments.
Consider shopping during our quieter hours which are earlier in the mornings and later in the day. We see the busiest times from 2 pm to 6 pm.
Shopping tips to help with the safety of our staff and our customers
- Please shop alone when possible, not as a couple or a family. Fewer bodies in our store at any given time help lower everyone’s rate of exposure
- Make your shops larger and less frequent. If you have always been a 5x/week shopper, consider becoming a twice a week shopper by planning ahead.
- Please consider debit and credit. We will accept cash but would prefer to not handle cash at this time.
- Shop for your friends, family & neighbors (particularly anyone who is vulnerable).
- Use us, or the local volunteer service to shop for you if you can’t, both offers boxed to the doorstep.
- Use a shopping cart instead of a basket if available. The nature of a shopping cart’s size will ensure the distance between you and other shoppers & staff.
- Please respect the social distancing markers we have laid out in the store to help with visibility on what 2 metres looks like.
- Please take what you touch.
- If you bring your own reusable bags, we kindly ask you to please bag your own groceries at this time.
- Tomorrow Plexiglass will be installed for all cashiers to minimize their contact with our guests at this time.
- Clean your hands before and after leaving the store, be mindful that coming in with clean hands reduces the risk for all staff and customers sharing the space.
A gentle reminder that our coffee station, self serve hot case, soup station are currently modified or closed.
Note that reusable grocery bags are on hold.
We want to take this opportunity to recognize how incredibly proud we are of our team, who are working tirelessly to provide and serve our communities. While many have been forced or asked to stay at home, our staff are keeping our stores open and serving our customers. Everyone at Mountainside Market always works hard, but now they are being called to provide a level of service above and beyond. We owe them an enormous THANK YOU.
Current hours of operation: 8am – 8pm DAILY